Tuesday, August 25, 2009

All I Ever Wanted

Stroking my hair and staring down on me in awe,
Cherishing me and treasuring me despite every flaw.

Wishing for more time before sun-up tomorrow,
Hoping to erase and eradicate my sorrows.

Asking God why such a gift was granted,
Looking upon me amazed as if I was enchanted.

Touching my face with a feather soft caress,
Telling me you love me, that I'm more than just the best.

Comparing me to no one, for no one compares,
To my delicate hands to my chocolate brown hair.

I could have been your angel, your goddess divine,
I could have devoted to you all, my heart, mind, and time.

All I ever wanted was endless kisses and countless hugs,
All I ever wanted was apparently asking too much.

2 comments:

  1. great poem I was NOT expecting that last line lol

    www.leiominalascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete