Friday, July 31, 2009

My Heart

My heart's an open wound, each pulse of blood is a beg to heal it,

No matter all the dressings and bandages I can't conceal it.


Once so full love, full of life, and to you bound,

Now beats helplessly while it's love stains the ground.


These are my thoughts as I sit here trying to comprehend,

Promises, smiles, and kisses. Was it all just pretend?


The TV, AC, outside music, there's noise from every angle,

But I'm too focused on escaping this life that's been entangled.


I need to clean and do homework, but I can't take my mind off you,

Wishing you for once you took the "2nd chance" to start anew.


Wondering what it is that makes you take the wrong path,

Wanting to make you feel this pain, feel my wrath.


Do you have the same thoughts? Cry the same tears?

Am I not good enough to help ease those fears?


Is it me? My nails? The way I do my hair?

You could have just told me, a slow death isn't fair.


My head is pounding, my throat hurts from trying not to cry,

I don't even remember our kiss good morning or good bye.


If I lose my strength just remember these tears don't fall for you,

But for my hurt and my yearning for the man I loved, that I thought was you.


What keeps me calm is remembering every lie every false smile,

All the screen names and emails you made like it was going out of style.


But I cry for the pictures and memories of the happy days,

The days that came and went like a toddler in a phase.


Just one more kiss, one more night all over you like a fly,

One more everything so I'm prepared to say good bye.


Why don't you hurt, why don't you cry, or even write as much as me,

I'm clear as day falling to pieces but you, you just don't see.


This might not be read, or even have a chance to reach your phone,

But I don't need to tell you that this broken heart, it was your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment