Friday, July 31, 2009

The Path

I'm done fighting the battle because I've already lost

But I'd still do anything for you homie no matter the cost


I'd be by your side anytime night or day

I no longer need a light because you've shown me the way


You've created a path I'll do my best to follow

I've left the remnants of my heart behind and now walk with a chest thats hollow


I'll always look back and wonder if you're there

Watching and concerned like my overprotective Gorillabear


Deep inside I hope you're trailing me through every twist and bend

But I beg of you to catch up to me before I reach the end


There's no telling what lies ahead but I will fight my best

I'd give anything for one more night with my head on your chest


I miss your face, your body, that walk, that scent

You gave a whole new meaning to the words "heaven sent"


I tore you to pieces, chewed you up, and spit you out

No matter how dedicated you were I was always left with a doubt


I made you a victim to the crime meant for another

You were more than my boy, you were my crutch, my air, and my lover


Every step that I take I lose sight of what once was

I thought I was confused and stupid but I was really in love


The path is becoming more narrow and soon I will come to a halt

I want to give back everything I took from you and admit it was my fault


I want to turn around right now and see you standing right there

I want to look into your laughing eyes, feel your warmth, and smell your cologne in the air


I want to melt my body into yours and pray God will make us one

Looking at my life without you I'd rather look down the barrel of a gun


I'd give up my life and my soul just to see yours go free

And I'd come back for revenge on whoever wouldn't let us be


I wouldn't rest until your safe and they were well below the ground

Before, now, and forever to YOU I will always be bound


I feel the end closing in so if you're near give me a sign, show me

I can't take it no more I fucking love you end of story


I don't want to go this way this path is bullshit it's not for me

Where the hell are you when my life is depending on you COME SAVE ME


I'm running back to where I entered tripping on rocks and bleeding on thorns

Not a care in the world at all, all I can picture is the one I adore


I know I'm getting close I can feel your energy and see a light

I can't see where I'm going anymore the shining is just too bright


I can't hear, I can't see, but I feel like I'm falling

Why don't you respond, it's YOUR name that I'm calling


Now everything has stopped and I'm in a dark and warm place

Suddenly my eyes open and I'm staring up at your face


You're smiling down and have me wrapped in your arms

You tell me it was a dream and you will let me endure no harm


Your rough yet soothing hands brush the hair from my eyes

And you reassure me that between us there will be no goodbyes


You tell me you love me and there's nothing you wouldn't do

I reply back the same, "and P.S. I love you too"

No comments:

Post a Comment